26 August 2023

#RPGaDay2023 - 26 - Favourite Character Sheet

 

Official RPGaDay graphic

I think the rules I wrote for a good character sheet a decade ago still stand. 

A screenshot of the Safari browser on an iPad open on the Role VTT’s character sheet template builder showing the official Cthulhu Hack sheet.
The Role VTT character sheet template builder

If I think VTTs, I love the integration that Roll20 and Foundry bring with their sheets, but the coding of them is beyond the time I’d like to invest. That means that the approach taken by Role really floats my boat. Role has adopted a modular builder approach which is simple to use once you’ve got your head around it. I’ve ended up producing some official and semi-official character sheets for games that I’ve wanted to play online. As a bonus, of these three VTTs, Role is the only one that runs happily on an iPad.

That said, most of our GUMSHOE games are run with a Google Doc for the character sheet and Zoom!

26th August 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment