06 August 2023

#RPGaDay2023 - 6 - Favourite game you never get to play

 

RPGaDay graphic for 2023

This one has changed since 2014 and really shows the impact of the pandemic. Back then, I said Pendragon, but this time I’m saying Traveller. That’s really a reflection on the impact of the pandemic and changes in people’s circumstances which have meant that TravCon has been stalled for the last three years. I used to get to play a number of Traveller one-shots at the convention but nothing in recent times. There’s an itch building, one where I start to consider that copy of ‘Hard Times’ that I’ve always wanted to run. GMing would do. There was a time I’d run Traveller every convention but I think I reached a point of burnout.

Cover of the first version of Traveller 2nd Edition from Mongoose Publishing showing a Beowulf class Free Trader under fire from two Patrol cruisers
Still the best Traveller Core rule book cover.

6 August 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment