29 August 2023

#RPGaDay2023 - 29 - Most memorable encounter

 

RPGaDay2023 official graphic

This is challenging; I still remember the 2014 version of this fondly, but I've played a lot since.

Since then, I've played an epic campaign of The One Ring, where we met and defeated Nazgûl and two of the Great Spiders of Mirkwood. My character met the King under the Mountain, and the King of Dale, and we even visited Rivendell. I think that we met Elrond, but my memory is blurred, mainly as I was focused on the relief of surviving the death march we endured escaping the ruins of Angmar. However, the most memorable encounter was with Beorn, when we discovered what happened to him and met Tulkas as the leader of the Bearings left Middle Earth. It was a magical moment; the Hobbit was one of the first proper novels that I read for myself, and a love of Tolkien's works has abided ever since. Dr Mitch gave us all a magical moment that I cherish; the world came alive, and we were part of its story.

I've had many great games and encounters since (including the incident where I blew up Dracula with a Rocket Launcher), but this hit all the notes.

After that, it'd probably be the conversation my character George Esterhase had with Julian's character on the quay at Staithes when we realised she'd betrayed us when playing through the Dracula Dossier at Longcon. That was really intense. 

29 August 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment