10 August 2023

#RPGaDay2023 - 10 - Favourite tie-in fiction

 

RPGaDau official graphic

I don’t think that I can give a better answer than the one I did in 2014; the Delta Green tie in fiction is the one that has resonated most with me. I’ve not encountered anything since that beats it.

However, that’s a waste of a post, so I’d like to also call out ‘King of Sartar’, Greg Stafford’s epic background fiction for Glorantha but even more so ‘The Collected Griselda’ by Oliver Dickinson. The Griselda stories graced early White Dwarf and told the story of the eponymous adventurer, and showcased the Pavis setting. It was always a joy to see a new piece in White Dwarf when I collected it from the newsagents. Sassy and clever, Griselda and her friends stole a place in my heart (and are probably part of the reason that I keep bouncing off the idea of selling my Glorantha material). I had the delight of seeing Oliver do a reading at Continuum and then talking about the stories.

The cover of the Collected Griselda, showing Griselda herself (a red-headed warrior-rogue) to the right, and one of her fellow male adventurers towering over her to the left. All dressed in a Saxon style with a pub to the back on the right.
Cover of the first Griselda collection I own.

Now, that’s a better answer than ‘same as it ever was’, I hope.

10 August 2023



No comments:

Post a Comment