31 August 2023

#RPGaDay2023 - 31 - Favourite RPG of all time

 

Official RPGaDay graphic

For the final time this year...

If you know me at all, there will be no surprise that this hasn't changed from last time except there would be three more editions of the game in the picture if I took it again this year. 

The striking black box with a red stripe with the mayday message from Free Trader Beowulf in the top part from the original Traveller roleplaying game.
The cover of the Classic Traveller box set.

Yes, it's Traveller. My enduring love in roleplaying game terms. I love the engine (both for its simplicity and modularity) and the setting (which riffs off so many sources).

Since I wrote this last time, Mongoose has released and then refreshed the second edition of their take on the game, and Marc Miller has released a three big black book edition of Traveller5 that doesn't need manual handling training to lift. Well, perhaps when they're in the slipcase together. I have an enduring passion for this game. I think my previous entry says everything I needed to.

31st August 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment