26 August 2014

#RPGaDay - 26 - Coolest Character Sheet

 



‘Coolest character sheet’ as a category really seems to be scraping the barrel!

1. Character sheets should be simple.
2. Character sheets should be clear.
3. Character sheets should have enough space for players to make mistakes and to write easily.
4. Pretty character sheets are often missing the point.

I think that the old index card approach of a very simple character sheet used by *Traveller* was excellent. I love the concept of 100 words about your character pioneered by *Hero Wars* (easily replicated in *Wordplay* as well).

If you play in a convention game, the balance there needs to be between clarity and atmosphere. In my case, I more often focus upon clarity. The only time I haven’t was with the *Savage Worlds* conversion of *2300AD*’s *Mission Arcturus*, which I’ll post as examples. I am still quite proud of those.


Damn, now I want to run it again!

(Note that the art is from the original game and copyright resides with Marc Miller and FFE)

No comments:

Post a Comment