16 August 2023

A return to “A Town called Malice”

A Town Called Malice TTRPG
A Town called Malice

I spent yesterday evening reacquainting myself with A Town called Malice, a story game that embraces the Nordic horror traditions. I’ve previously run it at Furnace back in the pre-pandemic times (2019) and have an itch to revisit it. It’s an easy read, and I’ve narrowed the play set I plan to use down to one of two. 

I was going to post some notes on the game here, but I just realised that I already did this a while back on the blog.

It played well last time, and I think that it’s going to be a definite for Furnace this year. Of course, as I already plan to run The Zone story game it does mean that I’m hitting a dark note for two of my sessions. The somewhat brighter ‘Swords of the Serpentine’ will be my third.

Anyone else played or run Malice? If so, how did you find it?

16th August 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment