12 August 2020

Will Fria Ligan win the Twilight War?

 

T2K - pressing the nostalgia buttons

Growing up at the end of the Cold War, I always wanted to own a copy of first edition Twilight:2000 when I was a kid. I borrowed it from a friend at school and ended up managing to persuade my dad to do an illicit photocopy of it*. Using that set and my copy, we created characters and then realised that the system was pretty dire, so I ended up running a pretty freeform game using the skills as a suggestion. The imagery and feel of it has stuck with me. 

There've been three more editions (and if I recall right, two versions of second edition) but none has worked mechanically for me. Seeing the forthcoming Fria Ligan version excites me. I've yet to see a game from them that doesn't work. Twilight:2000 may finally be getting the presentation that it deserves. Time will tell.

12 August 2020 

*I finally picked it up much later when I was at University.

No comments:

Post a Comment