10 August 2020

#RPGADAY2020 - 10 - Want

 

Day 10 - Want

Want.

Do you suffer from GAS? Game Acquisition Syndrome is a common suffering for role-players and other hobbyists. We can be like magpies, focusing on the new shiny, only to discard it for the next, better thing.

These days, I do try to resist games (mainly as I have run out of storage and too many more threaten domestic harmony), especially those that I think I won't play. However, I do recognise that I also enjoy reading scenarios and campaigns looking for that mythical, perfect supplement.

I'm trying to start to reduce the space taken out by games I don't think I'll play again, but sometimes the nostalgia is strong (I'm looking at you Glorantha) or I really like the idea of the game and haven't managed to get it to the table (hello Dying Earth).

My favourite band, Marillion has some wise words on this topic.



So do you suffer from GAS?

10 August 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment