28 August 2024

#RPGsDay2024 - 28 - Great Gamer Gadget

The RPGaDay2024 graphic. Three columns of prompts for discussions about RPGs. You can find a full text list atP https://www.autocratik.com/2024/07/announcing-rpgaday2024-for-august.html
This year's RPGaDay (full text list here)

Q. Great Gamer Gadget?

A.  My reMarkable 2.

I've owned a reMarkable paper table since November 2020 and I wouldn't be without it. It helps me avoid reams of paper and has allowed me to keep everything together in one simple package. I use it for preparation, for character sheets and for notes.

A reMarkable 2 paper tablet lying on a table with a flow diagram of a scenario. Beside it lies a digital pencil, the edge of an iPad and a spiral bound printout of Stealer of Souls.
My reMarkable being used for preparation work

I've even used it for art when the moment has taken me, for example my Yellow King notes which are all on one page on multiple layers. Each layer is readable on its own but reality warps when you show it normally.

Exported page of notes from the Yellow King with all layers showing so it becomes more of a pattern with the yellow signs showing rather than notes.
Exported page from my Yellow King notes

You can also easily annotate PDFs in it. I often export maps and mark them up as preparation. It was very useful for Curse of Strahd.

So that's my great gamer gadget. I see more and more of them at conventions too.

28 August 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment