30 August 2024

#RPGaDay2024 - 30 - Person you'd like to game with

The RPGaDay2024 graphic. Three columns of prompts for discussions about RPGs. You can find a full text list atP https://www.autocratik.com/2024/07/announcing-rpgaday2024-for-august.html
This year's RPGaDay (full text list here)

Q. Person you'd like to game with?

A.  The crews from Dracula Dossier and The One Ring for the sequels we talked about

My initial answer to this was going to reflect on the gamers who I've played with who've since passed away, and who I miss at conventions. Then I looked at tomorrow's answers and realised that it would overlap.

I've also had some games with some of my gaming heroes in the past, and they ranged from fun to disappointing. There's definitely something in the saying of 'never meet your heroes'; they become normal people with all the flaws and virtues you'd expect. 

I was really disappointed that I was away when Loren K Wiseman visited the UK, because I'd have loved to have met him, as he was a perfect gentleman who I engaged reasonably frequently on mailing lists, forums and through BITS Traveller. 

I'd like to game with either the crew from the Dracula Dossier (with whom we've repeatedly talked about doing a sequel) or the crew from The One Ring Darkening of Mirkwood campaign, so we can do the dragons and rings sequel we planned. But... real life schedules.

Aside from that, I'd also like to get some time to game with the kids; they seemed to enjoy it, but in the whirlwind of their social lives and the distractions of quick gratification like the Xbox games with their friends, face to face roleplaying loses out.

I suppose that's one of my reflections upon life; when I was younger, I was much more time rich, but with a more limited budget. Now that has reversed, but I struggle to get time to game.

30 August 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment