31 August 2024

#RPGaDay2024 - 31 - Game or Gamer you miss

The RPGaDay2024 graphic. Three columns of prompts for discussions about RPGs. You can find a full text list atP https://www.autocratik.com/2024/07/announcing-rpgaday2024-for-august.html
This year's RPGaDay (full text list here)

Q. Game or gamer you miss?

A.  The gamers we've lost along the way.

There's a fair few gamers who I miss; slowly, people are starting to pass away (I guess that's one of those things of reaching your fifties) and I find myself naming ships and characters after them.

When I finally get 'This Fear of Gods' to print, there'll be a fair few people you may recognise if you've been around the Traveller scene, most recently Doug Berry, who I've dedicated vessels to. Matt Bond was the first of that particular group to be lost.

That's a sad note to end this year's #RPGaDay on, so let's talk games.

The very striking cover of Conspiracy of Shadows; all reds with a mottled effect and a black ink symbol which is a circle with line through it, which resembles an eye. The title 'Conspiracy of Shadows' is at the top in caps with a creepy font.
Conspiracy of Shadows

I miss Conspiracy of Shadows. A fantasy Eastern European X-Files type game from Keith Senkowski, it's since disappeared and that's a loss. I had a lot of fun running it at conventions. I wish that the cleaned up version of the rules had made it to print, or that it was still available on DTRPG as a legacy game.

31 August 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment