08 August 2022

TRIPOD - cover and content tweaks in proofing

Cover adjustments on TRIPOD
The cover with the background rectangle switched off.

Graham is back from Continuum and had a good, detailed look through TRIPOD's proof. I'm sure he'll share the initial video skim through at some point. There are two tweaks I've done as a result. The first was a reasonably simple spacing change for the content; the header for the table of contents was too close to the table itself.

The second tweak was a bit more complicated. The circles with dice on the bottom right of the cover were close to clipping and didn't look balanced. This wasn't quite as easy as it may have been because the cover graphic was recovered from the PDF and had a lot more elements than the original Adobe Illustrator file would have contained. After a quick WhatsApp exchange, we agreed that I'd move the circles inside the bounding box and adjust the name position. 

This needed me to drop the template onto its own layer, then switch off the purple rectangle and use the selector in the layers panel to grab the right elements. I then moved the circles with the mouse. Graham caught the fact I missed the drop shadow for the name when he checked again, so I fixed that and we were sorted. Now to wait for the next proof.
 
Affinity at work
The set up when I was doing the initial layout - I forgot I took this and missed it for the first post.

No comments:

Post a Comment