21 August 2022

Curse of Strahd - How long?!

  

Graham queried the number of games that I had down for Curse of Strahd in the recent #RPGaDay post about how long you run games for. I'd said around 45 sessions.

Currently, that number is 47 sessions.

We started in November 2019.

Season 1 had 7 episodes (entry through the mists and Graenseskov)

Season 2 had 13 episodes (Barovia, Tser Falls, Vallaki, Vistani Camp, failed attack on the Old Bonegrinder)

Season 3 had 8 episodes (Coup in Vallaki, Old Bonegrinder, Wizard of Wines, Yesterhill)

Season 4 had 13 episodes (Back to Yesterhill, Krezk and the Abbey including the Stygian Library, the Carnival, Argynvostholt, Dinner at Castle Ravenloft)

Season 5 is at 6 episodes so far and I think it will end somewhere around 10 (Old Berez, Vallaki, Tsolenka Pass and the forthcoming Amber Temple)

Season 6 will be the finale - Castle Ravenloft itself. This may take a while as it will be much more dungeon crawl than we've been used to.

The Future?

I do want to return to D&D 5e again. I've a number of campaigns (Ghosts of Saltmarsh, Tomb of Annihilation, Witchlight Carnival) and also some of the books that are designed to be more episodic. I suspect I may want a break first though.

I have slowly been setting up Castle Xyntillan on Roll20; I figure that it would work well for a drop in game using Old-School Essentials).

Beyond D&D I'd like to run some other games:

  • Delta Green - Impossible Landscapes (I suspect that this will be an extended campaign)
  • Mutant Year Zero - Elysium (a ten adventure campaign, probably 20 sessions online)
  • City of Mist - Nights of Payne Town (a nine to ten adventure campaign, probably 20 sessions online)
  • Blue Planet Recontact - episodic campaign using one of the frames from the game.
  • a|state 2e - episodic campaign using the core rules and set in Mire End
Of course, Strahd will probably fill the rest of the year so it will be interesting to see where we end up.

21 August 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment