04 August 2022

Finally clear

Finally clear
Finally clear...

I've had the joys of COVID-19 over the last fortnight. Had a busy week with work and got home on the Friday to a poor night's sleep and a cough during the night. Woke early, and decided to take a Lateral Flow Test, which was clear. I didn't feel right, so much so that I went to bed early on Saturday, and slept on the sofa to avoid Jill getting anything. I'd stayed away from everyone during the day. They all headed off to Edinburgh for the fencing camp and work, so I had the house to myself and the cats.

Tested positive at the start of the week, with a nice light fever and mild 'flu symptoms and cough. Gradually progressed to a headache, cough and sinuses. Spent the week at home alone with the cats checking I was okay and probably working out if they'd have to eat me. By this Monday I was starting to feel better, but it took another 4 days for the tests to go clear. Two days symptom free now and glad of it. I am still tired (the first afternoon I didn't have a nap I was wiped out that evening), which I hope will gradually fade.

I'm thankful that I've had a mild dose and I seem not to have passed it on. It did mean I read a bit more than usual, but a lot of the time I found concentration lacking. A lot of what focus I had was spent finishing the layout of TRIPOD, the revised edition of the Wordplay storytelling roleplaying game, for First Age. The cats look relieved that they haven't had to dine on me.

4 August 2022 

No comments:

Post a Comment