04 January 2021

The Wretched - Solo RPG - Recovered Log - Day 10

Recovered Log - Day 10

Audio recordings of a play-through of Chris Bissette's solo journalling roleplaying game.



Day 10 - 3 cards
  • 4D - creature detaches one of the habitat modules and sets it adrift into space. You manage to seal the area off before the creature can gain real access. 1 block
  • 7C - Before the creature came you were in the early stages of pursuing a relationship with another member of the crew. What was the last thing you said to them and why did you regret it.
  • 9C - make a list of the 5 best hiding places in the ship in case you need to use them

Day 10, salvage ship ‘The Wretched’. Flight Engineer Dom Mooney reporting. 

It tried to get in again today, through Habitat Module Two. The alarms went off as the section for fire and a life support leak from the feed conduits. I realised it was trying to get into one of the services conduits again, and pulled up the schematics to try and work out what I could do. Could I close it off? Could I kill it somehow? I started to override the safety sequences so I could shut the feeds to the habitat off and seal it completely, when there was an explosion that shook the ship. Alarms went off and I could see that we were venting precious air into space. I had to override the isolations to bring the emergency system on line so the fire protections would work, slamming the seals shut. Shortly afterwards, there was a second explosion, and the emergency releases triggered; the entire habitat was dumped into space. 

Gone, with everything it contained.

One of my last connections with Janey is gone, except for her journal. I’d meant to ask her if she was serious about us. Did she want me to come to Delta Pavonis with her? But I was scared to, in case she said “no”. I don’t know if she just saw me as a shipboard thing, and her diary is coy about what she felt. She started to say something about us, and then I got the call to attend damage control as something had happened that needed me back on roster. I told her we could talk later. But later never happened. The next time I saw her was after it had killed her. Now I’ll never know what I lost. I kept going back to her quarters once I was along; it had a scent of her, and her things. I’d sit on the bed I’d sat on so many times before and think about what could have been, surrounded by her things. But now they’re gone now; and it’s getting closer.

I wonder if anywhere is secure from it? I can hole up in the Officer’s Mess, or in the Engineering Panel spaces, but I need better places to hide. More places, just in case I’m too far from one of the others if it gets in. The hydroponics space may be good; lots of noises, smells and changing lighting. I think that the antenna space may also be good, and it means I can hook into the internal comms and cameras to see where it is. The kitchen may be good too; I could prep one of the cold stores so it wasn’t cold and have a stash there just in case. I’ll have to check these out tomorrow. 

I’m still here, just. It hasn’t got me yet.

This is Dom Mooney, the last survivor of the Wretched, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment