10 January 2021

Reasons to be Cheerful #1 - A new Bookshop!

Wetherby’s New Bookshop
Reading Roots, a new Independent Bookshop

I'm really pleased that Wetherby has a new independent bookshop, something that it's missed for a long time. Back on the old blog (I should really find the post and migrate it) I bemoaned the loss of the old Wetherby bookshop which Penny ran for many years. Unfortunately, the lady who bought out the shop when Penny retired made some poor decisions which resulted in it failing. So there was Amazon, and sometime the Knaresborough Bookshop or Waterstones in Harrogate.

Now we have a new shop. I don't buy as many physical books as I used to, but I will be going here first for them for the kids or for books that I want to have as an artefact. They were very friendly and I recommend them. They also have a good (wide selection) for the size. I bought quite a few books for Christmas presents!

Wishing Keira well; I hope the business thrives.

They have the website (linked above), a lovely write-up in Handpicked Wetherby and a Facebook page. They also do mail order should you fancy supporting them.

10 January 2021

 



No comments:

Post a Comment