01 January 2021

Goodreads Geekery

Books I've read by date read and year of publication.

Messing around in Goodreads, I found a number of graph options; the most interesting of which was this one, which tracks books as you read them against the year that they were published. This shows that I have a tendency to read reasonably new releases. There are interesting patterns too; you can see the re-read of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen last Christmas for example.

Books each year

The books read per year is pretty much what I expected. Mostly flat, with a sudden spike for 2020. However, the pages read is a very different story...

A declining page count?

Until this year, I've been on a declining trend on page count. I can understand that in 2019 as I rounded out the year with a whole slew of graphic novels.

I tend to be buying and reading books that I like.

You can expand out the data further.

Quite a fascinating tool!

If you fancy linking up on Goodreads, you can find me here (link expires in 30 days) as Dom Mooney.

1 January 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment