01 January 2021

A year in blogging


Traffic is slowly rising

Back on the 21st February 2021, I took a decision to move my blog from a website built on Rapidweaver to Blogger. This was all about getting more flexibility to make posts and enable the use of devices other than my main Mac to produce entries. I'd found some software that worked as a plugin to the Rapidweaver website and also a potential way to migrate out. I've blogged for more than 15 years (the older material is long gone, tied to websites that went when I changed ISPs) and tend to use it as a way of collecting thoughts that is less ephemeral and not subject to the whims of Zuckerberg and chums. The website failed this year, and I really need to get it straight, or do I? I could just migrate the content to additional pages on this blog and point the URL at it. Originally, I was going to use Blogger as a stepping stone to WordPress, but I don't actually see the need anymore.

Looking at the roll-up summary on the right of the blog, I see that I have posted 184 entries this year, which is my highest by a long way. This has been driven by a number of things; the decision to do #RPGaDay for the first time in 7 years and the decision to write reviews of games that I've read. Between these, there are at least 65 entries. 

The Top Ten.

Of my top ten most visited posts, nine are gaming related. Most of these have been cross-linked from Discord, Facebook, the Gaming Tavern, and Guy Milner's blog. There's a lot of traffic related the Warlock RPG. The only personal entry is the Eulogy for my Mother, which I posted after she had died because COVID-19 limited us to 15 at the funeral.

Facebook drives a lot of traffic.


Chrome and Safari dominate the browsers used.


Windows is the dominant platform used to visit.



The UK and USA provide the most visitors


None of the other stats are really a surprise; it's just interesting to see how they play out. Anyway, I shall continue to post here. Thank you for those of you that take the time to read what I write. 

1 January 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment