01 January 2021

2020 Reading Challenge - review

 

The most books I've read in a long while.

So 2020 is over, and so is my reading challenge. It was my fifth year of recording these on Goodreads, and I read more books than I've managed since I started to keep this record. I'd set a target of 52 books, one per week, which is the same as every year since the first (where I set a target of 50). The highest number that I've read before was 65, back in 2017.

The books have been a mixture, 34 of them roleplaying games. I've reviewed most of those games as I went along. I suspect that I may well have broken the 100 mark, had my mum not passed away. I found myself unable to read any fiction for nearly two months after that happened in September. 

I'm happy about the numbers, but they aren't the important bit. I find that reading settles me and keeps my mind engaged and creative. I haven't read this much since before the children arrived and it feels like part of me is coming back. It certainly helps my state of mind.

Anyway, here are the covers:





I've set myself a target of 52 for 2021. I wonder how far I'll get?

1 January 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment