29 December 2020

The Wretched - Solo RPG - Recovered Log - Day 9

  

Recovered Log - Day 9

Audio recordings of a play-through of Chris Bissette's solo journalling roleplaying game.


Day 9 - 2 cards

  • 6S - You find yourself muttering a phrase again and again like a catechism. What is it? 1 block
  • AC - While rummaging around the crew quarters, you find a tool you’ve been in need of. What was it? The next time you need to pull from the tower you can choose not to.

Day 9, salvage ship ‘The Wretched’. Flight Engineer Dom Mooney reporting.

I found the phase balancer today, in the 2nd Mate’s quarters. This should help with the engines if I have another go. It can simulate and adjust the quantum balance for the light drive, something I don’t have a clue about. However, I can read a manual and I know how to use this.

Been listening to music a lot over the last fews days. Woke with an earworm…” Into the distance, a ribbon of black, Stretched to the point of no turning back” which just wouldn’t go. A comment on my situation? Perhaps.

It fills the silence in my head and keeps me from thinking about the creature. With the proxi alarms off, I can just about tune it out unless the light’s flicker as it moves around the hull, scritch-scritching as it tries to enter. There’s definitely no turning back; I need to get the beacon fixed and hopefully the drive.

”Into the distance, a ribbon of black, Stretched to the point of no turning back”

This is Dom Mooney, the last survivor of the Wretched, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment