27 December 2020

The Wretched - Solo RPG - Recovered Log - Day 7


Recovered Log - Day 7

Audio recordings of a play-through of Chris Bissette's solo journalling roleplaying game.




Day 7- 3 cards

  • 9H- the proximity alarms keep sounding because the creature is on the outside of the ship. You have to disable them. 1 block
  • JS - The creature can survive in the cold black of space, where nothing should be able to live. Is it coming to destroy me or is it just defending itself? 1 block
  • 5S - Something happened to the lights when the creature was near your hiding place, what was it? 1 block

Day 7, salvage ship ‘The Wretched’. Flight Engineer Dom Mooney reporting.

Hope was misplaced. It’s back.

I was in the Officer’s Mess, when the lights flickered in a way I don’t recall having seen before. Darker, then brighter than they are normally. I knew it was back.

The proximity sensor alarms on the hull went off soon after, and I’m sure I caught movement on the cameras. Throughout the day they kept triggering, and in the end I turned them back off, like I did immediately after the attack. I can’t deal with being constantly in tension, can’t eat, can’t sleep. I’d rather it was a surprise if it got in.

What brought it back? If it can live in the depths of space why did it stay with the wreck? Is it me it wants? Is it just that this is more tenable than the lander? Is it still trying to defend against a threat or is it making a new home.

I think I’ll consider this over some of the Captain’s Single Malt collection.

This is Dom Mooney, the last survivor of the Wretched, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment