24 December 2020

The Wretched - Solo RPG - Recovered Log - Day 4

 

Recovered Log - Day 4

Audio recordings of a play-through of Chris Bissette's solo journalling roleplaying game.


Day 4 - 4 cards
  • 7S - creature whispers to you through the ships comms - you don’t know how it does it . What do you hear before you kill the audio? 1 block
  • 6H - your scanners keep showing a large object that periodically disappears from the screen only to show something out there a few hours later. Is it a glitch?
  • 3H - while you slept the fire suppression activated - what caused the fire, and how can you make sure it doesn’t happen again - 1 block.
  • 8D - a fire starts in one of the engines when you’re trying to get it started again - you’re forced to jettison it - 1 block

Day 4, salvage ship The Wretched. Dom Mooney reporting.

Sleep was hard to come by last night. The scanner kept on triggering an alert on the repeat screens in the mess. It was showing something large nearby, but it disappeared by the time I got to the bridge and the scan console. Nothing showing there. A ghost in the machine? I tried the comms system, but there was nothing there. Nothing human at least. I’m sure I heard something aping a human voice, repeating back what I said. Was it the creature? Am I imagining it? I shut the audio off as I didn’t want to face that right then. The scanners tripped again until I shut notifications down. Two days ago I was finding the sense of isolation oppressive, and now I just don't want to face what's out there.

Just as I got back to sleep, the fire alarm cut through the ship, waking me with a jolt. The engineering section was showing a fire and the suppression system activated in the main switch room. I vented the space to the kill the fire and then realised I could have let it in. I put my vacc suit on, took the rifle and tools and went to check it out. Nothing there. Looks like the sensor is faulty, so I isolated it off the system so it wouldn’t trip everything again. 

As I was up, decided to try the engine start sequence again and nurse it back up. Something clearly wasn’t right as alarms went off and there was an ignition. The automatics didn’t cut in because of the isolation on the alarm and by the time I manually activated the suppression, the damage was done. I dumped the engine, jettisoning it before the cryogenic fuel detonated. Not feeling hopeful about this; seem to be running out of options to get us under our own power again.

This is Flight Engineer Dom Mooney, the last survivor of the Wretched, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment