26 December 2020

The Wretched - Solo RPG - Recovered Log - Day 6

 

Recovered Log - Day 6

Audio recordings of a play-through of Chris Bissette's solo journalling roleplaying game.


Day 6 - 3 Cards
  • QS - what do you imagine the creature calls itself? 1 block
  • 2D - Oxygen has been leaking slowly from the hull where the asteroid hit, but you spend a few hours fixing it. 1 block
  • 9D - The gravity drive fails - it’s a slow process dragging yourself over to it in zero G and a long day fixing it, but you get it back up and running. 1 block
Day 6, salvage ship ‘The Wretched’. Engineer Dom Mooney reporting.
Another quiet day with no sign of the creature. I’m starting to hope, which could be dangerous.

I spent the morning watch tracking down a slow leak in the O2 system; one of the lines had a hairline fracture. Easy fix for this: Isolate the section, cut it out and replace. Should have taken me two or three hours. Would have too, if the gravity generating drive hadn’t tripped out. Had to make my way through the ship, and then do the repair in zero-G with the tick-tock in my head that the oxygen was out. Took me the rest of the day to fix that and then get the original repair done to make sure I have enough air to breathe.

I found myself wondering about the creature: Was it sentient, or was everything instinct? Was it really just reacting to circumstances? Did it have a name, relationships or a family? My gut says it’s all instinct, but how did it get into space? All I can do is to speculate; I doubt I’ll ever find the answers out.

This is Dom Mooney, the last survivor of the Wretched, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment