25 December 2020

The Wretched - Solo RPG - Recovered Log - Day 5

 

Recovered Log - Day 5

Audio recordings of a play-through of Chris Bissette's solo journalling roleplaying game.


Day 5 - 2 cards
  • JH - you spend a day climbing around the engines doing basic maintenance and trying to figure out what needs to be done to get the ship moving again, You end the day as clueless as you began. 1 block
  • 4C - Where did you hide while the rest of the crew were dying?
Day 5, salvage ship ‘The Wretched’. Flight Engineer Dom Mooney reporting.

Clearly, the creature didn’t get me today. Perhaps it’s gone for good with the Lander? I can but hope.

I spent the day overhauling the remaining engines, running through basic maintenance and doing diagnostics. I can’t see the damage; the physical systems I can access look okay, but I still get a flood of error messages on the DCS display. Something’s failed, perhaps the underlying code; I’m no drive engineer. Quantum mathematics has me in two places at once.

I know the engine spaces like the back of my hand; when the creature started to attack, and the screaming started, I hid inside the drive panels themselves; plenty of space there and secure, but you’ve got to come out sometime.

I think I need to focus on getting the comm system back up to scratch now; if I can couple that to the distress beacon someone may be able to pick me up.

This is Dom Mooney, the last survivor of the Wretched, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment