22 December 2020

The Wretched - Solo RPG - Recovered Log - Day 2

Recovered Log - Day 2

Audio recordings of a play-through of Chris Bissette's solo journalling roleplaying game.


The Wretched End of Day w
The end of Day 2


Day 2 - 3 cards
  • KC - something near the officer’s mess, averted eyes from the bodies but you think something moved. A rat right? You hope it’s a rat. 
  • 8H - what does it feel to look at the sensors and the monitors and see nothing, that you may never see land or light, or have a conversation again? 
  • 6D - sewage silo springs a leak. It smells terrible - pull 1 block
Day 2, salvage ship The Wretched. Flight Engineer Mooney reporting. 

The ship has suffered from the fight with the creature, but she’s holding together. The sewage systems failed today, leaking after they’d over pressured. It smelt awful, sweet sickly and rotten. I managed to fix it - the main recycling pump had blocked with what I think were parts of a body. I cleared them using an old trick my first apprentice master engineer taught me. Menthol rub under your nose. It masks it, mostly. I guess I’m going to have to clear the ship of bodies or it will all smell like this. I tried to work out how many are still here and how many went out of the ship when I forced the airlock. Walking through, I thought I saw the creature in the officer’s mess, but it wasn’t. Or if it was, it didn’t come for me. Perhaps it’s a rat, god knows, we’ve had enough of them aboard.

I’m recording this on the bridge. The sensors, comms and monitors show nothing. God knows where we are. That asteroid took the light drive down mid-transit and I’m no navigator. I can only hope to get the distress beacon running or maybe even the engines. But that’s a job for another day. I’ll do another of these logs tomorrow if it doesn’t get in. Tell my family I love them if you receive this and I’m gone when you find the ship. 

This is Flight Engineer Dom Mooney, the last survivor of the Wretched, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment