19 April 2022

Return of the Yellow King

 


Tonight we're starting the second part of Pelgrane Press's Carcosan mythos game, The Yellow King. The Chambers material has long been a favourite of mine and when Dr Mitch offered the chance to play the roleplaying game, I jumped at it. We played the first part in Paris, and now we're in the next century, in the Wars, with characters that have links back to the story we explored in the first game.

That story really grabbed the feel of Chamber's books and I'm fascinated how this will go. We've lost one player but the core of the group continues. I'm intrigued whether there is any meta-story that we're playing through, or whether we will just experience the emergence of Carcosa into what was our reality. I could try and find out as I have the game on my shelves and Dr Mitch said I'm welcome to read it, but I actually want to find out by playing. 

I am hoping that this doesn't become a game like Night's Black Agents, where I ended up playing the Dracula Dossier and never returning to it because I couldn't see anything that I could do to top what I experienced.

Edit: actually, I could live with that.

19 April 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment