30 April 2022

First Impressions - Through Sunken Lands (Bronze Limited Edition)

Through Sunken Lands - Bronze edition
The limited Bronze Edition

I previously reviewed Through Sunken Lands and really liked it, enough that I ran it at Furnace in 2021. We had a blast playing it and it's a game that I will return to in the future. When I saw that Black Oath Entertainment were releasing a limited edition version with a lovely slipcase, ribbon and high quality production (not unlike their Warlock Limited Black Edition I've previously covered), I couldn't resist it.


Through Sunken Lands - Bronze edition

The key details of this edition:
  • This an exclusive collector’s edition, limited to 200 hand-numbered copies. A free PDF is included.
  • 170 x 230 mm (6.7 x 9 inches)
  • Hardcover bound in faux leather with the TSL logo embossed in bronze foil on the cover
  • Luxurious hard slipcase bound in a unique bronze-like material
  • Amazingly illustrated end-papers
  • Plenty of full-color illustrations
  • A ribbon bookmark 
  • 241 pages

 Through Sunken Lands - Bronze edition

Unlike the Warlock book, this does include extras. There is another scenario pack - Intrigue in the City - which drops the characters into the middle of a three way factional fight, and two new character playbooks. These are a warrior-mage, the barbaric beast-master and a warrior-rogue, the daring adventurer. Both look fun to play. As a GM, the extra scenario pack is of more interest, but both the playbooks are genre appropriate. They aren't enough for me to justify the purchase, but I was never looking for theme to be. I wonder if they'll come out in a future expansion for the core book.


Through Sunken Lands - Bronze edition
Bronze slipcase


Overall, I really like this. It's nicely done. Of course, you could just use the core book, but this is a lovely size and beautifully made with some extras. I've copy 116 of 200. At the moment, it still seems to have some copies available on the Black Oath Entertainment website which I linked to above. Good stuff.

30 April 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment