08 August 2021

#RPGaDay2021 - 8 - Stream

 

Day 8 - Stream
Today we have 'Stream'.

I can't get streaming actual plays. I know that it's done wonders for the hobby through channels like 'Critical Role' but it leaves me cold. I guess that it fits with the part of me that prefers blogs and podcasts to vlogs. 

I guess I'm a dinosaur in some respects. Give an enchanted stream like the one in 'The Hobbit' over an actual play any day. I'd rather be 'actually playing'. 

That said, if you don't have an active gaming scene, or conventions to go to, streaming does give you an idea of how a game actually works. I have deliberately selected games at conventions to see how they run before now, and I suspect that streaming gives a different route for people to do the same.

8 August 2021 (belatedly)


No comments:

Post a Comment