24 December 2022

Broader not deeper

I was looking at my Goodreads list of what I’d read for inspiration and realised that I’d slowed down tremendously over the last few months. Now, since the changes for adding books, Goodreads has become less useful as many roleplaying games are a real pain to add (you need to submit the details into a thread maintained by the volunteer librarians on the service and a link to a publisher website with an image and details and then hope it gets added).

I realised that the reason was that I’d got into a habit of dipping into books, reading a few chapters, then moving onto another book or roleplaying game without finishing. Probably a reflection of how busy life has been the last few weeks but I hope to actually focus a bit more the next two weeks and start to finish reading some of the things that I’ve started. Maybe even get the first pass through Castle Xyntillan done for Roll20 and also to complete the reviews for Swords of the Serpentine and the final part of Helveçzia which have been hovering around for a while. It’ll depend what we’re up to as a family, of course, but it’s nice to have some non-work time planned. 

24th December 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment