27 December 2022

End of the Revolutions

 

The last episode…

I’ve been enjoying Mike Duncan’s Revolutions Podcast since April 2017. I came to it after I’d finished his epic History of Rome podcast which preceded it (and I highly recommend if you like all things Roman). I discovered Revolutions on a week off between jobs; I managed to listen to the first two seasons while painting a fence (that probably needs doing again now) and was hooked. Duncan is incredibly easy to listen to, and Revolutions was an education to me. It covered topics I thought I knew and showed me aspects I hadn’t considered. It also taught me a lot about topics I’d didn’t know anything about. It has been fascinating, entertaining and educating. 

The podcast runs to around 190 hours (and apparently 1.5 million words of script); the longest seasons are the French Revolution and the Russian Revolution, which is unsurprising. Two books have spun off his podcasts - one on the failing of the Roman Republic, and one on Lafayette. Both are great. 

Revolutions is  definitely worth the time. I’m looking forward to his next work. You can find it where you get your podcasts or here: https://thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/revolutions_podcast/

Highly recommended.

27th December 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment