15 October 2021

Games that I'd really like to GM

Inspired by Sin...

I was skimming through the PDF of Sin, the new sourcebook for the Spire RPG which arrived earlier today, and it made me remember how much I want to try out a mini-campaign in the setting. That then set me thinking about the other games I'd like to run...


Have you seen the sign?

Impossible Landscapes - the recent Delta Green supplement massively expands the Carcosan influence first seen in 'Night Floors' and delivers a reality breaking campaign. I've tentatively agreed to run this after some light arm twisting from Dr Mitch. In honesty, he didn't need to twist it. This will probably happen after we finish either Eternal Lies for Trail of Cthulhu or The Yellow King RPG campaign as there's going to be an overlap in players.

Spire is definitely one for the table, especially now I've restated the fallout tables into a shape I can use easily. I've a couple of campaign frames from the original release which look great, but I'd like to do a one-shot first to get my head around the system and the setting some more. I probably need to read Strata and Sin as well.

Oh, those City nights...

I'm pretty certain I want to run Nights of Payne Town for City of Mist. This is an interlinked campaign with several investigative strands interwoven with an overarching metaplot. I've actually run several of the cases already at conventions. I need to read the book now it's arrived because I just want to make sure I'm satisfied with the whole campaign arc. I loved the game every time I've run it so I've high hopes.

Dystopian rivalries...

I've also got an itch to explore Mutant Year Zero's Elysium campaign. There's something about a dystopian society with noble house rivalry in a failing closed bunker that floats my boat. It edges on PVP but should rarely be overt. The mini-campaign in the book looked great.

Shorter things I'd like to do is run some Mausritter and Troika! Both of these games have fired my imagination and I'd like to get them to the table. I missed out on the former at Furnace because I didn't bring the game as a reserve. If I'd done that then I'd have been able to run it as a filler. I'd also like to try Helveczia out and see if it meets the promise I saw in reading, and some more OSE for fun is also a must.

There's not much SF here, but when it eventually drops, I'm on a promise to Dr Mitch to run Blue Planet: Recontact as a mini-series, and there's a chance I may want to get Twilight 2000 by Fria Ligan out for a spin. 

It's nice to have options - I just need to turn them into reality. What floats your boat? Any of these, or are there others?

15 October 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment