07 December 2019

Fallen Order - a bit of a puzzler

Fallen Order - more than just a first person slasher game.

After they both won their age groups for the year in the Yorkshire Fencing Competition, my parents wanted to give our lads a present. They suggested a computer game each, which ended up being half share in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order for their XBox One.

They've both started to get into it, with the eldest blazing the way, and the somewhat more careful and methodical youngster finding the things that his brother's missed. Very popular present, this.

I was watching them play tonight, and initially wrote the game off as a first person slasher with a Star Wars theme. Kind of Battlefront revisited. And then I realised that it was also a very clever 3D-platform puzzler which had threads of strategy weaved in.

As a result, I've had an evening where - although I doubt I have the physical dexterity to play the game well - I've been sitting there in a support role, helping them solve the puzzles. I'm deliberately not giving the answer, more a hint on how they could unlock it. Some of the challenges are really quite fiendish.

I think I'll enjoy watching the story unfold as they solve this.

7th December 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment