08 October 2019

The One Ring - Season 8 - A Sense of Foreboding

A sense of foreboding

Tonight, our game of The One Ring heads towards a dramatic conclusion after 8 seasons of play. Last week, we slayed the last Great Spider of Mirkwood and discovered clues towards a dragon and a Dwarven Ring of Power in the mountains to the north of the forest. However, more important matters are pressing; in the spring, we have pulled together an alliance of Dwarves, Elves and Men to cleanse the taint of Dol Guldur from the forests. We hope to have at least one of the wizards with us, along with artefacts of power from the old days.

I have a huge feeling of trepidation; we have invested a lot in these characters. I fully expect some or even all of us to die tonight. And yet I hope for the spin-off quest when my Dwarf, Náli, has the chance to defeat a dragon and find a magical ring. I hope it doesn’t end tonight, but I expect that it will.

8 October 2019



The One Ring image - By Xander - own work, (not derivative from the movies), Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=1953341

No comments:

Post a Comment