21 October 2019

Live in the City of Angels

A cover that riffs on the classic 'In the City of Light' album art.
I was confronted with this cover whilst walking through Morrisons at the weekend, doing some of the weekly shop (the non-Aldi bits).

My first reaction was "Why the hell have they messed with the cover from 'In the City of Light'?". That album was my first Simple Minds CD, quite possibly the first CD I ever got. I love it and still play it. Well, I play the MP3 files I ripped from it, originally for my iPod.

My second reaction was "OMG it's a new live album, and they're riffing on the one I love!"



The Deluxe Version.
A bit of searching says don't buy the two disk version, buy the four disk deluxe. 40 tracks in a pretty package, for about £2 more. I still love Simple Minds as a band, so you know what I'll be listening to this week.

21 October 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment