04 October 2019

And like that... he's gone

Wordcloud of Keyser Soze speech

One of my favourite films of all time is The Usual Suspects, a movie that's now tainted by the allegations about the behaviours of the director, Bryan Singer, and one of the lead actors, Kevin Spacey. It's a wonderful, twisty and dark tale that was brought to mind recently when a colleague left work ("And like that... poof... he's gone").

I'm hesitant to rewatch it as I don't want to ruin my experience of the film. That said, I enjoyed Baby Driver and managed to detach Kevin Spacey - the man - from the film itself. It seems wrong to avoid the work of a large number of people for the actions on one that aren't directly linked to that work, but  when that individual makes such a critical performance, how much of what I have enjoyed is down to them?

4 October 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment