05 August 2014

#RPGaDay - 5. Most Old School RPG owned

#RPGaDay AD&D 2nd Edition

Well, I still have AD&D 2nd Edition and some supporting material from Basic, 1st, 2nd and 3rd. And the original little black book Traveller sets. And RuneQuest 2nd Edition, Stormbringer and Call of Cthulhu 2nd Edition. And Ringworld and Pendragon 1st Edition. And there are probably others lurking there.

What do I use of those? Traveller. The system (except for combat) remains pretty light and compatible with the present Mongoose rules. The setting material is still valid too.

The Pendragon and Call of Cthulhu material can all be used if I ever get the chance to game in those settings again without modification.

Lately I have been revisiting the D&D material with a view to using it with the Dungeon World indie gaming take on it. And I have resisted the siren call of D&D 5th Edition so far.

Update: 31/8/2014 D&D5 appears surprisingly well written, simple and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment