02 July 2024

Games to June 2024

 

A doughnut graph of the 29 games I've played, break out follows (Achtung! Cthulhu (2d20)	9 Trail of Cthulhu (GS)	5 Stormbringer (Tripod)	5 City of Mist (PbtA)	2 Candela Obscura (BitD)	1 Cartel (PbtA)	1 Impulse Drive (PbtA)	1 ATDW	1 Alien (YZE)	1 Fall of House Prosh	1 Coriolis - the Great Dark (YZE)	1 Star Trek Adventures (2d20)	1)
29 games this year

The last three months have been frustrating from the perspective of the two campaigns that I've been involved in, with less games than I expected. I added fourteen game sessions over the quarter, but ten of them were at face-to-face conventions (North Star and Longcon).

Eternal Lies for Trail of Cthulhu has been plagued with scheduling issues as real life(tm) has got in the way several times. I'd have hoped to have managed four or five sessions but we've had none for three months (such are the perils of playing fortnightly and having issues come up). I have a game scheduled for this evening so I'm hopeful that we'll get back into this again as it's been great fun.

Shadows of Atlantis for Achtung Cthulhu continues to tick along, but with a player change. Tom dropped out as he wasn't feeling the love, especially with the tentacles, and Duncan has joined up. We've maintained a stead drum-beat of adventures and have just concluded the third chapter. Overall, I'm enjoying running this but the layout and structure of the campaign leaves a lot to be desired. Our next session will be set in Persia, as the characters have just arrived there from Egypt.

North Star saw me run three and play two. It was fun, and I've covered it elsewhere on the blog. Longcon was this last weekend, and I'll be doing a short write up later in the week, so I shall confine this to saying I had five sessions of fun, running both Stealer of Swords and The Black Sword for Stormbringer using the Tripod rule set. It's a long time since I've run for such a sustained period and I do feel tired as I write this!

 I'll be reading through some more books in the perpetually regenerating reading pile now I'm clear of conventions until October, and hope to complete getting Castle Xyntillan onto Roll20 and perhaps even run a game of it. I'm hoping to make it a semi regular pick up and play game. I also would like to try that one of of Old Gods of Appalachia and also perhaps Outgunned. Realistically, succeeding with one will be a win!

Until the next update.

2 July 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment