13 January 2024

[reMarkable 2] 3 Years On…

A reMarkable 2 tablet held in a grey polymer folio case with the reMarkable logo on the bottom right in white.
Well used reMarkable 2

I’ve been using my reMarkable 2 since November 2020 (Batch 5 preorder).  It’s worked solidly since then, used multiple times daily at work and for home activities. I know at least five people who’ve bought one having tried mine (plus one who got a Kindle Scribe and another who got a Boox). I bought my eldest a second hand rM1 for college which he loves (I do like the robustness of that version). 


I keep it in the tablet sleeve you can see behind it when I’m not using it. I finished the first lot of nibs about 3 months ago. I have the marker plus and it’s still working fine. I did clean the folio last year following advice from here. The edges are a little frayed and you can see the use, but it looks smart still. 


The battery life is good (but I mainly work in airport mode). 


I’ve tried the Lamy, the Norris Jumbo and the HP pens and each of them are great for the right mood but I keep coming back to the marker plus. 


I love using it outside in the summer; sometimes I’ll step away from the teams calls and just use the phone. 


It’s been updated at least 20 times as the software has got much better (the only bit I’m not so hot on is the way OCR works now). I’ve never gone beta as this is a work tool for me. 


I scanned my old Leuchterm and Moleskine notebooks to PDF and added them in as a reference. 


It just works. 


I do treat it like a £500 device (which it was with the accessories) and look after it. I’d replace it in an instant if it broke. 


I’m posting this because all too often all we see are the stories when something has gone wrong. After three years, this still delights me everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment