01 January 2023

State of the Blog - 2022 edition

 

The blog traffic

2022 is in the past (Happy New Year to you all) so here’s the annual state of the blog update. The move to Blogger continues to be a success. I need to migrate the last few entries off the old blog still but that’s more to retain them if I can rather than something critical. 

I had around 13,500 views last year, which is slightly up. Only 17 comments, but the reality is that I get more of those on the Gaming Tavern where the blog is syndicated. 137 posts, slightly down on the 146 in 2021 but that year was still affected by the pandemic related increase from being locked down.

Top Ten entries in 2022

The reviews I post (‘First Impressions’ and ‘Second Thoughts’) remain a big pull on the blog; the single most read post was my review of CY_BORG this year, and posts from previous years remain strong. The Helvéczia review remains strong, probably as it’s one of only a few posted and it was linked off RPGnet.

I do need to do the third part of that review, and also finish the 75% written Swords of the Serpentine review as well. However, the bigger books are somewhat harder work to complete.

Browsers

Chrome remains the dominant browser used.

Operating Systems

All three main desktop OSes are represented, with Linux having a great showing.

All in all, a satisfying year. Probably my biggest disappointment was failing to get more on the blog for Traveller, but I have plans for that. 

Anyway, the blog marches on into 2023 - perhaps my next step is to redirect the domain I have to Blogger, which would be good.

1 January 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment