01 January 2022

Books in 2021

 

The year's over and so is Goodread's reading challenge. I read a bit less in page count this year (20,000 vs 22,000) but that reflects the fact that I've read a lot more RPG material than previous years. I read or listened to 91 books against a target of 52 (one per week); that's slightly up on 2020, partly driven by the Blade Runner graphic novels I discovered at the end of the year.

The ratings I've given books seem to be consistent (same average) between years.

***** Excellent book, would recommend and want to read again

**** Good book, would reread, and enjoyed

*** Decent book, probably won't reread

** I don't like this book

* Awful

I've been remiss and not been posting updates each month as I usually do- if you want to see what I've read you can find it here.

Favourite books for the year were 'A Memory Called Empire' by Arkady Martine and 'Inhibitor Phase' by Alastair Reynolds. 

The saddest read of the year was 'Silverview' by John le Carre, as it is the last new book that I'll ever read from him, one of my favourite authors since I was a teenager.

I seem to have focussed on series or specific authors this year; Kevin Wignall, David Young, Neal Asher and Tom Bradby made up a good part of my total reading.

I've set myself a target of 52 for the year again. 

1 January 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment