31 October 2020

The Stories Return...

One of the weird side effects of my Mum passing away is that I found it really hard to read any fiction. Roleplaying rules and supplements were fine, but something just wasn't working with fiction. I'm really pleased that I seem to have got over that towards the end of this week, finally finishing "Babylon Berlin" and then wanting to dig straight into another book. I was a little thwarted by the Kindle running low on charge, but it's nice to be able to escape like this again.

It's strange in some ways; my Dad's escape, while he stayed with us, was to dig back into an SF series (CJ Cherryh's Foreigner) that he hadn't read for years and his copies had been lost when they moved to Portishead from Cheshire. My mind wouldn't rest on a novel at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment