31 October 2020

Bleeding for science...

Bleeding for Science #COVID-19
COVID free... for now.


So the COVID-19 antibody test (part of the Ipso Mori / Imperial College study for the NHS) arrived and I have duly stabbed myself and bled for science. Apparently, I am coronavirus anti-body free (although there are loads of caveats in the testing guidance). Photograph of result taken and uploaded to the study. 

I was randomly selected via NHS records and invited to take part in this.

Take out for me is that I have every reason to be careful and protect myself and others. But that hasn’t changed. 

Somehow this reassures me, despite watching the ongoing trainwreck which is the Westminster Government's failure to manage the pandemic with the resultant impacts on people and the economy. The science is sound, but for how long? Already Public Health England has been scapegoated and is to be replaced by a new agency, yet they have the clearest and most informative communicators of where we are. 

Alas, once the science is ignored, all our political leaders bring to the table is blustering waffle to dissemble from their past failures and a gabbled gallop through new restrictions, hoping that no-one realises that they could have acted weeks to avoid the consequences and impact of the latest u-turn.

161 deaths for each member of this government so far. [1]

31 October 2020

[1] https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/deaths







(58,925 / 364 MPs)

No comments:

Post a Comment