28 May 2020

Poor UI design in the new Blogger interface

The existing, now 'legacy' interface. Functional, okay?
I switched to Blogger from my old webpage software back in January 2019, and have slowly been migrating posts over ever since. However, I've done over 200 on the new platform.

The main interface isn't perfect (for example the page selection isn't repeated at the bottom) but it's functional, clean and easy to parse. View counts, comment counts etc are in columns and a page has a decent level of data. Click through above to see properly.

This is all changing.

The new, 'mobile friendly' interface. Meh!

Blogger has slowly added a new interface that's mobile friendly over the last year. Generally, I've liked it. However, I really detest the new front page.

They've added an image, and layered data over itself. Gone are the clean columns that are easy to scan and read. The information density is massively down as the pictures and layering mean each post takes more space. You have a limited number of posts on view and have to scroll really quickly.

It's poor design for a normal browser. Fortunately, I can use the legacy option for now.

I've left feedback, but I doubt there's hope that the course will open.

Peeved.

28 May 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment