01 April 2020

Music Challenge 2020 - First Lines

Okay, for your entertainment, here is a list of 20 first lines from songs I go back to regularly. I've tried to keep them so they aren't too obscure, but there is a fair range. How many can you get?
Note that some of these are the actual first lines on the track, not the first lyrics on song services!
--
1. “Ice, your only rivers run cold”
2. “Don’t you look back on a brave lost world”
3. “The world’s gone mad and I’ve lost touch”
4. “How does it feel to treat me like you do?”
5. “Each morning after Sunblest, feel the benefit, mental arithmetic”
6. “We had a walk that night, but it wasn’t the same”
7. “Night falls and towns become circuit boards, we can beat the sun as long as we keep moving”
8. Standing on my own, it didn’t mean that much to me.”
9. “Into the distance, a ribbon of black”
10. “How can I change the world if I can't even change myself?”
11. “See a body and the dream of the dead days”
12. “Ooh life, it’s bigger, it’s bigger than you, and you are not me.”
13. “Apollo Control Houston, two minutes fifty seconds away from LOS now…”
14. “It’s still getting worse after everything you’ve tried”
15. “Fear and panic in the air, I want to be free, from desolation and despair”
16. “Starting something, thought it could be fun”
17. “You had something to hide; should have hidden it, shouldn’t you?”
18. “Was that somebody screaming? It wasn’t me for sure.”
19. “Sometimes I get to feelin', I was back in the old days, long ago”
20. “I hear the doorbell ring and suddenly the panic takes me”


Clue: Band list (not in order)
A-Ha
ABBA
Depeche Mode
Faithless
Goldfrapp
The Killers
Marillion
Maximo Park
Muse
New Order
Nine Inch Nails
Pet Shop Boys
Pink Floyd
Public Service Broadcasting
Queen
REM
Simple Minds
Sisters of Mercy
U2
Ultravox

Playlist on Spotify after the break.



No comments:

Post a Comment