03 April 2024

Games in March 2024

Doughnut of games played in 2024 (a pie chart with a hole). Gumshoe (Eternal Lies) and 2d20 (Achtung! Cthulhu) are tied with 4 sessions each this year, with City of Mist with 2 session and then single sessions for the remaining 3 systems
The doughnut update for March 24

March 2024 was a slow month, as I had to cancel a session for Achtung! Cthulhu at short notice as I couldn't get away early from a work event in Bury St Edmunds. I had to be realistic and accept that I wasn't going to be back in Yorkshire for an 8pm kick off if I didn't get away until 5.30pm. Even if I had, I suspect tiredness would have marred the game. We only got a single session in this month. However, I've had two lovely sessions of Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu), so these two games are tied for session count this year.

I'm seriously toying with the idea of offering a one-shot of Old Gods of Appalachia as I've just read one of the recent scenarios from Monte Cook Games that looks like a good introduction, and was prepared for convention use so it has all the characters available.

I'm also starting down a Dune RPG rabbit hole, which is probably good as the books have been building up in my to-read pile. That's thanks to the Fall of the Imperium sourcebook.

I should be doing preparation for North Star in May. Dr Mitch and I are doing a sequel to Echoes from last year with Star Trek Adventures and I need to re-read Across a Thousand Dead Worlds to get my head around what scenario I will run.

Longer term, I need to start to work my way through The Stealer of Souls and The Black Sword in preparation for hacking them to Tripod for Longcon later in the year. This will also involve a re-read of the Elric books for the first time in years. I'm not certain if I will re-read the books in the lovely compilations I've picked up in hardcover or perhaps using the Kindle versions to increase my book count for the year. I have both, so it will be interesting to see where that ends up.

3 April 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment