23 February 2022

Returning to the City [Revelation 2022]

City of Mist prep
The crew for this weekend's game.

I'm just finalising preparation for Revelation 2022 this coming weekend, pulling together the City of Mist material. I'm running a scenario from the 'Nights of Payne Town' campaign. I've actually run a couple from this before at previous conventions, and I'm minded to offer it as a mini-campaign option at some point in the future.

The players all selected pre-generated characters from the copious selection that have been produced for the game, and we've an interesting mix. One of the key bits for me was to produce a table with the mysteries and identities that underpin their characters and also the weaknesses. This is so I can push their buttons appropriately during the game session.

Looking through the material I have already printed, I suddenly realised that I've run this at least three times previously at conventions; twice face-to-face and once virtually using Roll20. This time, I'm running 'The Furnace', the kick off to the mystical vein of the campaign.

It's a fun game and system.

23 February 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment