31 December 2021

A Year in Blogging 2021 Edition

Slow growth

This is my 145th post this year, which is slightly down on 2020. However, I didn't do all of #RPGaDay because some of them were just too obscure for me to get my head around.

I had two days when the blog spiked about 700 views back in late July and August. I'm not certain what caused that, but I do know that my reviews of Helvéczia were shared on one of the major RPG sites around that time. However, the total number of hits doesn't tie up so it wasn't just them. It does remind me that I need to finish the third part of the review.

Warlock remains strong in the top 10 most viewed posts

As a result of that share, Helvéczia has taken the most viewed spot in the blog; the top ten posts are all reviews except for the second look one which is an after-action report on running Warlock!

I did see an uptick in comments and interaction in December 2021 when I started doing some posts on Traveller and sharing them with some of the Traveller social media groups. I'll probably do some more as my love for that game is still strong and I'm being drawn back in by the updated edition.

The move to Blogger definitely seems to have worked for me. I do need to resolve the old website (either to redirect the domain to my Blogspot or get it up and running again); that's probably more likely now that I've ordered a new MacBook (first since 2008).

I have changed my workflow for writing some of the posts, reviews especially. Quite a few of them are completely drafted longhand on my reMarkable, OCRed, error corrected, then emailed into the blog. I've found that it tends to put my head in a better space. 

I'm still using Flickr to host photographs; that works well for everything except for the odd mobile view depending on screen width.

The views overall are up at 11k against last years 4k, which is nice. The blog still syndicates to the Gaming Tavern and seems to provoke interesting discussions there every once in a while.

All in all, a solid year.

31 December 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment