08 August 2005

Rebuilding from the Ground Up

This website has been dormant for far too long, so I decided to use it as a platform to try out a fantastic looking web package that I recently found called RapidWeaver, written by a small company in Brighton in the UK for Mac OS X. What attracted me to this was that it was theme driven and very simple to use. Until I started this revamp, all the web pages I've built were either hand-coded or made with Adobe's GoLive. GoLive is a fantastic package, but you have to know what you're doing in a techie sense to get the most out of it. RapidWeaver looks to be far simpler, and faster, and certainly up to delivering most of what I need.

It also looked like an excellent tool to rapidly create the website for the Birkenhead History Society that my father-in-law wants. So I decided to give it a whirl. If this works out right, I will migrate the Power Projection and BITS UK websites later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment