Now that's an error message I've not seen for a long time (to paraphrase Obi Wan Kenobi). In fact, I can't actually remember ever getting this kind of error in recent memory.
I found the error this morning when I unlocked the MacBook, as I'd forgotten to shut it down.
I had a fair few apps open, but the one consuming the RAM was Safari which had 2.2GB in use. Kind of weird as it only had five tabs open (3x DriveThru RPG, a static blog page and a Backerkit confirmation). Next biggest after that was Discord at 2GB and Music at 660MB. Hope this isn't going to be an ongoing thing for Golden Gate.
And how on earth do Safari and Discord use so much RAM?!
I'm also curious if you can open the Force Quit Dialog and have it show memory usage like this did: Esc+Opt+Cmd just shows the apps by default.
27 September 2026

No comments:
Post a Comment